Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thus begins the long journey of losing weight...

I have been battling losing weight for 3 years now. I know, that's not very long. Shaddup. In high school I was super skinny and NEVER had to work for it. I always ignored everyone who told me it would catch up eventually. The knew NOTHING!! Well, actually they were right. Dern it!

Yesterday I went next door to a naturopath who put me on a very VERY strict diet for the next 6 weeks. It isn't so bad actually. It's a lot of what I'm already eating but just in smaller portions. Portion control is my problem. Instead of eating the 1 serving of pot stickers I eat 3. I mean come on! 5 pot stickers doth not make 1 serving! Seriously dude!

I have to give myself shots every morning. Hahahahahaaaa! I thought the doctor was crazy!

side note: for those of you who don't know, even the thought of needles makes me dizzy. I cant even look at needles in a movie without grimacing and hiding. Matt thinks it's funny, I do not.

So this morning when I was getting ready to give myself a shot Claire and Lea stood there plugging their ears screaming NOOOOO!!!! NOT a good way to cheer on someone who is needle phobic!

The needles are teeny tiny. Think insulin needles. I don't feel a thing actually. Well, that's a lie. I have to punch the skin I'm poking and I get so freaked out from the shot that I end up squeezing my skin super hard. So I feel the squeeze-read iron death grip on my stomach!

So right now I'm 2 days into the 42. These are the easiest days because I'm supposed to eat like a king and then start my low cal. diet tomorrow. We'll see how I'm feeling in a few days!

1 comment:

  1. Hey lovely!! I'm SOOOO excited for you on this journey. It's a nasty one, but so worth it! I'll tell you what's helped me, a free website called Sparkpeople.com. It sounds like a dating website, I know, but it's just a free online community devoted to helping people lose weight. It supports all diets and it focuses on positive goals, affirmations and support. It's got recipes dedicated to the food and calorie count you're aiming for. It even has calorie, fat, protein, carb and exercise counters so you don't have to do all the work!! Check it out. My screen name on there is jiffyniffer.


    Also, if you want to do recipe exchange, CALL ME!!!!

    Much love, sweetie!

    Best of luck darling! And if you

    ReplyDelete