Sunday, April 6, 2014

Once again, years have gone by between posts.

Captains Log 288, somewhere between asleep and awake in Orlando, Florida.

(told y'all I'm horrible at blogging. December 2011 was the last entry? Hahahahaaa! Beauty.)

Yesterday we left our cozy, albeit rainy, state to soak up some vitamin D in Orlando! I booked this trip 7 months ago so this day could not have taken any longer to get here. I must admit that my pride of being the worlds best secret keeper stands strong. Not once did I even come close to spilling the magic beans to the girls. Even Matt was impressed. See, when I get a present for someone I cannot WAIT to give it to them, so he figured that keeping this adventure a secret was going to be difficult for me. Psah!

Yesterday was an all travel day and it sure took it out on us. I must have looked pretty haggard because even the flight attendant took pity on my and gave me free drinks. I started to hand him my card and he told me, "Keep it, you look like you really need this." Um, thanks, I think? So 2 rum and cokes later we arrived in Orlando and made it to our hotel. But hotel this is not! It's a freaking mansion! I don't even think my first apartment was this large! The girls were jazzed and asked if we could permanently move here. Sorry, sweet hearts. I cannot stand the constant humidity and soft water. Bleck.

Today we are planning on going to Universal Studios (if the family ever wakes up!) and therefore Harry Potter world. HPW is what Lea is the most excited about. On our second leg of our flight we sat surrounded by a family from the UK. Lea was convinced we were really flying to Hogwarts. She had a million questions for any ear that would listen.

Lately, (read-for the past month) I have had HORRIBLE insomnia. It truly is driving me crazy. I average about 4 hours of sleep a night and then am barely functional during the day. If I had no commitments I would be napping all day every day. But alas, I have to be a grown up. Dumb. Anyhoo, it is currently 7am here which means my brain thinks it's 4am. I went to sleep around my brains 1am so this is just about right. What I fear is that I will not have enough energy to last the day. I'm hoping all the beautiful Florida sun will wake and bake me.

I wish we had the time to go to the races while we're here. I cannot get enough of my F1 lately. TiVO is sure gonna be full when I get home!!! Time to turn on Rush and wait for the fam to awake from their slumber!

No comments:

Post a Comment